2021 Call4Innovation Rules
"BOOSTER PROGRAM" is a competition arranged by Electrolux Italia S.p.A. (“Electrolux”) with the assistance of WDO Innovation AB ("WDO Innovation") with the aim of selecting the best solutions offered by small-medium businesses (such as startups, university spin-offs, SME, private inventors) which respond to selected Electrolux challenges as more specifically described on the Competition website (each a “Challenge”) and which are developing innovative and original technology offering new business opportunities (“Competition”).
The rules for the Competition (“Rules”) are set out below. Please read the Rules so that you, as a participant, feel confident when entering the Competition.
The Rules are published on the Competition platform https://open.electrolux.com/community/boosterprogram and are designed to ensure that the Competition can be conducted in a fair and equal way.
All participants must accept the Rules. The participant accepts the Rules by submitting its contribution to the Competition.
1. Allowed participants
1.1. Participation in the Competition is open to participants from every country worldwide who either are:
- i. natural persons: individuals over the age of 18 or "project teams" whose members are all over the age of 18; or
- ii. legal entities: small businesses in any company form, including innovative start-ups, spin-offs from universities and other small enterprises and whose share capital is held by one or more legal entities or natural persons who are all over 18 years old.
2. Awards & Acknowledgements
2.1. Subject to these Rules, the winners will be granted a right to participate in the Electrolux Booster Program as further described on the Competition website as well as receiving a cash prize of Euro 7.000 (the “Award”). The components of the Award cannot be awarded separately. Hence, the cash prize component of the Award is only received if the winner participates in the Electrolux Booster Program.
2.2. The cash prize component of the Award is paid gross/before income tax and without any other deduction.
3. The Jury
3.1. The jury deciding the winners is composed of representatives from Electrolux (the”Jury”). The Jury will decide in their complete discretion which participants will be appointed as winners taking into account the Evaluation Criteria set out in chapter 6 below. Neither the Jury, nor Electrolux have any obligation to explain why a participant is not appointed as finalist or winner.
4.1. The registration opens on February 12, 2021 and the deadline for submitting a contribution is April 02, 2021. Registration is free. Registration is made through a dedicated platform available on the website https://open.electrolux.com/community/boosterprogram following the procedure that is described therein.
4.2. Participants are only allowed to submit one contribution per Challenge to the Competition.
4.3. When register, the participant will be asked to fill in an online application and provide the following information:
- i. Company name, description;
- ii. Company location;
- iii. Team;
- iv. Contact details;
- v. Company website;
- vi. Description of the solution, including maturity level, unique selling proposition, main benefits and possible other industries that has already tested it;
- vii. Subject to article 4.5 below, a list of all intellectual property rights included in the contribution and its current status (such as granted patent and/or published patent application) together with information whether the intellectual property rights are fully owned or subject to a license from a third party.
4.4. Participants may upload supporting documentation, to give a better understanding of the participant’s contribution including pitching deck (mandatory and in .PDF format only), photos (in .jpeg, .jpg., .png format) and any other documents that the participant deems as relevant.
4.5. All text in the contributions must be in English and contributions in any other languages will be automatically excluded from the Competition. The information and documents submitted to the Competition must contain non-confidential information only.
5. Evaluation Stages
5.1. The Competition is conducted in two different stages. After the first stage only the contributions that are chosen for the next stage remain in the Competition.
5.2. Last day for submitting a contribution to the Competition website is April 02, 2021.
5.3. By April 30, the Jury will aim to select the best contributions (“Finalist”). During this period, the participants may be contacted by the Jury in order for the Jury to get a better understanding of the participant’s contribution both in terms of solution benefits and technical details. The need for such contact will be decided at the Jury’s sole discretion and take place by conference call or video conference.
5.4. The participants that are contacted might be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement to protect, potential confidential information that might be exchanged during the discussion.
5.5. If a participant is chosen as a Finalist, the participant will be asked to agree on terms and conditions for possible future cooperation with Electrolux which will be part of the potential Award. In order to remain as one of the Finalists, the Finalist must agree to and sign the term-sheet inclusive of all relevant clauses of the collaboration agreement no later than May 30, 2021. For clarity, even if a Finalist signs the term-sheet, it will only enter into force if the Finalist is chosen as a winner of the Competition and the definitive collaboration agreement, based on the term sheet, will be signed.
5.6. The Finalists will have the opportunity to orally present and discuss their respective contribution with the Jury at Electrolux Innovation Day held at the Electrolux premises in Porcia, Italy, in May 2021.
5.7. After the oral presentations, the Jury will deliberate to select the winners of the Competition. The winners will be announced later the same day. The decision will be based on the documentation submitted when registering for the Competition, any clarifications made during the evaluation process as well as the oral presentation on Electrolux Innovation Day always taking into account the evaluation criteria stated in article 6.2.
6. Evaluation Criteria
6.1. When making the initial evaluation in Stage 1 as described in article 5.3 above, the Jury will not consider contributions that:
- i. are submitted by participants who do not fulfill the requirements of article 1.1;
- ii. do not fulfill the requirements of chapter 4;
- iii. are accompanied by insufficient and/or inadequate documentation requirements of article 4.3 (total or partial lack, lack of clarity and/or non-legibility of the minimum essential material required to participate in the Competition);
- iv. have as their object an "out of scope" proposal (contributions not in line with the objective of the Competition and Challenges);
- v. are inconsistent (a proposed argument that is obviously unrealizable or difficult to do); or
- vi. are not original (proposition of ideas already realized or not very innovative).
6.2. The Jury will evaluate each contribution according to the requirements of the respective Challenges taking into account:
- i. Relevance and innovativeness against requirements to be addressed;
- ii. Technical feasibility;
- iii. User and/or functional benefits;
- iv. Uniqueness and distinctive elements against other available solutions;
- v. Maturity level (MVP or prototype); and
- vi. Scalability in products, technologies and processes.
7. Warranty and indemnities
7.1. Each participant declares and warrants that its contribution:
- i. is an original work, of which the participant is the owner or a licensee having a right to sub-license of any intellectual property rights contained therein and of which the participant has the unrestricted right to economic exploitation;
- ii. does not infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party such as trademark, patent, design rights and/or copyright;
- iii. does not violate any granted licenses should the contribution contain intellectual property rights which are subject to a license from a third party;
- iv. does not violate any industrial and trade secrets of any third party or any other laws (including, without limitation, export control laws);
- v. does not constitute the object of a contract with any third party;
- vi. does not contain any defamatory content, representation, outrageous consideration or any other content that could damage the name, honor or reputation of Electrolux or any other person or company;
- vii. does not contain any pornographic or sexual content, or content of a discriminatory nature in any way (specifically including discrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation, religion and/or political beliefs of individuals or groups), nor content that promotes violence or injury to any living thing or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content;
- viii. does not contain any threat or content intended to intimidate, harass, or mistreat a private person's private life;
- ix. does not constitute a violation of applicable laws and does not include content that encourages unlawful conduct.
7.2. A participant also hereby warrants that all information, data and, more generally, any other material submitted to the Competition are accurate, correct, truthful and complete. The participants therefore assume full and exclusive responsibility for any violation of the aforementioned warranty.
7.3. Such participant hereby undertakes to indemnify and hold harmless, Electrolux and any of its affiliates, employees, agents and suppliers from any claims, actions, liabilities and settlements arising in connection with the violation by a participant of any of the provisions of the previous articles 7.1 and 7.2.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
8.1. No intellectual property rights are transferred merely by submitting the contribution to the Competition.
8.2. Without prejudice to the above and regardless of any confidentiality undertaking, by submitting the contribution, the participant grants Electrolux the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right to:
- i. use its name, company name, its image as well as the name, image and identification signs of the contribution, for promotional and advertising purposes;
- ii. publish the contribution and related materials on any Internet site related to Electrolux or on Internet sites of third parties authorized by Electrolux;
- iii. exhibit and present the contribution and related materials at congresses, conferences, seminars or similar;
- iv. disclose to other Electrolux entities or third parties who may be interested in investing or contributing in any way to development, marketing and economic use of the contribution; or
- v. edit, modify, re-format, excerpt, translate or summarise the contribution for any of the purposes set out in paragraph 8.2 i-iv above.
8.3. The participant acknowledges that Electrolux shall not be put in a less favourable position than if the contribution had never been presented to Electrolux. The extensive design and development work carried out by Electrolux could touch upon the same or similar ideas to those that are submitted as part of a contribution. Therefore, the participant acknowledges that the know-how and intellectual property, which is already within the Electrolux Group of Companies when the contribution was submitted or, which at a later stage and independently from the contribution will be developed by Electrolux or, which Electrolux otherwise benefits from, independent of the contribution, can be used without restrictions and that such use will not infringe the participant’s intellectual property rights.
9. Data Privacy Statement
9.1. Electrolux would like to provide you with information about what information about you (your “personal data”) we collect, what we use it for, with whom we share it and what rights you have.
9.2. The types of personal data we collect:
- i. Contact information - such as name, address, phone number, email address, and login information;
- ii. Data collected when you are visiting our website - such as data collected through cookies and other automatically collected data to provide you with our websites, or information that you provide us with when visiting our websites (such as through contact forms etc.).
9.3. How we collect personal data
We collect personal data from you or your representative when participating in our competition, visiting our website, activating your account. You may choose not to provide certain types of personal data to us. If you choose to do so, this may affect your participation to our competition. However, unless otherwise specified, your choice not to provide such information will not result in legal consequences for you.
9.4. Why we process your personal data and the legal basis for the processing
We may use your personal data:
- for the organization, registration, selection and any other activity necessary for the purpose of the Competition. The legal basis for the processing is the fulfilment of contract;
- to manage and operate our website and application, including online registration. The legal basis for the processing is the fulfilment of contract;
- to communicate with you about our future initiatives or events with reference to the Innovation Factory. The legal basis for the processing is your consent.
9.5. Your consent
Where the processing activity is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The revocation of your consent will however not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
9.6. Information that we share
For the Processing purposes set out above, we may share or disclose your personal data:
- i. As required by law, to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- ii. With companies within the Electrolux group;
- iii. With service providers and suppliers trusted to provide services on our behalf as well as with our partners;
- iv. To enforce our terms and conditions; or
- v. To protect our rights.
When sharing personal data with a third party, Electrolux requires that such third party agrees to protect and handle your personal data in accordance with all legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, or other instructions we provide to them.
9.7. Your choices regarding information
You have certain choices regarding how we use and share you personal data for future initiatives or events with reference to the Innovation Factory and similar purposes. The communication may be sent via different channels. Email, phone, SMS, post, social networks. Where required by law, we will obtain your prior consent. You may withdraw your consent to information at any time (see “How to contact us”).
9.8. Your rights under EU/EEA law
If you are located in the EU/EEA, or if your personal data is otherwise being processed by an Electrolux entity within the EU/EEA, you have the following rights:
- i. Request access to your personal data;
- ii. Rectification of your personal data;
- iii. Request the erasure of your personal data;
- iv. Restrict the processing of your personal data;
- v. Request that your personal data be provided in a format that can be transferred to you or another organisation (portability);
- vi. Object to the processing of your personal data; and
- vii. Lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
If you have any questions regarding these rights, or if you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so in writing, by phone or via email (see “How to contact us”).
9.9. Security of your personal data
Electrolux will take appropriate technical and organizational measures in line with applicable data protection laws, including requiring our service providers, business partners or professional advisors to use appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
9.10. Storage of your personal data
We will store your personal data for as long as may be required by law, or as required under any contract. If there is no legal requirement, we will retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose/s for which it was collected and in anycase for a period of time no longer than 2 years.
9.11. International transfers
As a global company, we may store your personal data in the European Union (EU) or in the European Economic Area (EEA) or other locations where we or our service providers and suppliers are located or have servers.
We may transfer your information between Electrolux group companies or transfer information to our international third party service providers and suppliers acting on our behalf, for the purposes described in this Data Privacy Statement.
9.12. Specific information to citizens of the EU/EEA with regard to international transfers
Your information may be transferred to a country outside of the EU/EEA which may not provide the equivalent level of data protection as the EU/EEA. We provide appropriate safeguards and protections for such cross-border transfers as required by law, including the use of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, Code of Conducts and/or Binding Corporate Rules. You may request a copy of these documents by contacting us at the address below.
9.13. How to contact us
The controller of your personal data is Electrolux Italia SpA – Corso Lino Zanussi, 24 – 33080 Porcia (PN).
If you want to exercise your data subject rights or if you have any other questions concerning this Data Privacy Statement, please submit your request at www.electroluxgroup.com/privacy or by email at email@example.com
For your information, the Data Protection Officer’s contact references are:
AB Electrolux (publ)
Data Protection Officer
St Göransgatan 143
105 45 Stockholm
9.14. Updates to this Data Privacy Statement
We may update this Data Privacy Statement. Any changes to this Data Privacy Statement will become effective as of the date it is published, or as otherwise required by law.
10. General Conditions
10.1. Electrolux reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend including not selecting any winners, in whole or in part and at any time, the Competition, as well as any content, aspect, evaluation or selective criteria, or to select a number of Finalists different from what was initially announced, at its sole discretion.
10.2. Electrolux reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant who:
- i. attempts to tamper with the registration process or the operation of the Competition;
- ii. acts in violation of these Rules;
- iii. behaves inappropriately, unsportsmanlike manner and contrary to the interest of a peaceful and smooth running of the Competition.
10.3. Electrolux and WDO Innovation are severally liable for its respective actions in relation to the Competition. However, neither Electrolux nor WDO Innovation shall be liable to any participant for any damages, including but not limited to special, consequential, incidental, direct or indirect damages, including without limitation lost profits, lost data, lost revenues and loss of business opportunity, whether or not Electrolux or WDO Innovation were aware or should have been aware of the possibility of these damages.
10.4. Under no circumstances shall the presentation of the contribution, the selection and award of the Competition and/or the signing of the contractual documentation referred to in articles 2.1 and 5.4 be understood or be interpreted as an offer or employment contract with Electrolux or WDO Innovation. In no case shall the Competition and these related Rules be understood and/or interpreted as an offer to the public pursuant to art. 1336 Italian civil code.
10.5. The Competition does not constitute a prize event, as per D.P.R. n. 43/2001, as it falls expressly in the case of exclusion pursuant to art. 6, co. 1, lett. a) of the same normative source ("Competitions called for the production of literary, artistic or scientific works, as well as for the presentation of projects or studies in commercial or industrial fields, in which the awarding of the prize is not considered the author of the chosen work is in the nature of the performance of work or represents the recognition of personal merit or a title of encouragement in the interest of the community").
10.6. For the purpose of this Competition, WDO Innovation is an independent consultant and does not act as an agent of Electrolux.
11.1. The obligations contained in the Rules will become effective upon submission of the contribution to the Competition will remain in force until the end of the Competition. The articles which by their nature would continue beyond the expiration of these Rules, including but not limited to the articles regarding Warranties and indemnities as well as Intellectual Property Rights shall survive any expiration of these Rules.
12. Dispute Resolution
12.1. The Competition and these Rules shall be governed and construed in all respects in accordance with the substantive laws of Italy without regard to its principles governing conflicts of laws. Any controversy that may arise in relation to the Competition and these Rules, including disputes relating to its validity, interpretation, execution, termination or performance, will be the exclusive responsibility of the Court of Milan, any other competing forum exclude
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org